Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tenant drama equals vacancy

I've said it before, but our tenants live on the raw edge.  Sunday afternoon I stopped by the apartments to give the tenants a Christmas card and wish them a merry Christmas.  The first tenant I talked to said her husband was working in Texas and fell of a roof.  His harness wasn't tied well and he broke his leg and severly injured his shoulder and probably something else because he's still in the hospital in Texas.  So, now she's driving back and forth to Texas and decided to she needs to be there. 

She's talking about moving in mid-January.  I'm not sure how it's all going to play out, but darn.  Another vacancy means we have another apartment to clean and repair before we can rent it.  I'm not sure I have the energy for it, but then I suppose I'm just borrowing worry. 

Meanwhile, we framed the wall for a new closet in the master bedroom of Mom's house.  All went well.  Wiring is next.  The four feet that we took out of the living room will never be missed since it was pretty useless space.  Dad used to refer to it as the world's largest hallway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment