Monday, April 11, 2011

Courtney's World - the final chapter

I have sad news for you.  Courtney moved out on Saturday.  But in true form, she moved out without telling us.  Diego arrived at the building to work on the apartment next door and there was a big ol' UHaul sitting in the driveway.  Courtney's husband was busy loading the truck and Courtney was just wandering around. 
When asked, she told Diego they'd found another place to live that would take her dogs. 

When I arrived I went to talk to her.  She got really testy with me and said they were moving because I suddenly wouldn't let her have two big dogs and that there was mold in the bathroom that was making her sick.  She then went on a little rant that she had reported the mold and that Jana hadn't done anything about it. 

Let me tell you all right now - mold is a serious accusation, and both Jana and we take it very seriously.  She never reported any mold issues.  Further I checked her apartment that very afternoon.  Two guesses what I found and the first one doesn't count.  Ding.Ding. Ding.  You're right!  No mold. Anywhere. 

I have mixed feelings about Courtney leaving. 
I'm offended that they left with no notice (after she begged stay as long as they only kept one dog).
I'm relieved that she's gone and we won't have to deal with her anymore.
I'm richer now that she won't be plugging the drains every month.
I'm sad that I won't have anymore great Courtney-stories to share.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment