Monday, January 3, 2011

A story of two phone calls (okay, three phone calls)

Last month Courtney called to say her bathtub was clogged.  Friday she called again; the bathtub is clogged.  She tells me that the last time the plumber dug out a bunch of rubber bands.   WHAT?  I'm thinking that's not my problem - but it is. 

Diego and I were right in the middle of pulling wire for new outlets at my mom's house and really didn't want to drop everything go clear out her drain.  So I asked our wonderful property manager to call a plumber.  It will probably result in a $100 after-hours call (New Year's Eve and they'd already gone home).   Plus, if it turns out to be clogged with their own stuff (rubberbands??), then the property manager will bill them for the call. 

Then, today I had two voice mails from Courtney.  The first said that the power was out in the building but they had called Excel.  The secon call said that the power was back on.  Now those are the kind of calls I don't mind getting on a Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment